I Hear the Baby Birds

Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy Days

Today was a good day. We did lots and lots of school. DS2 has been assigned Foxe's Book of Martyrs, which means that I am reading it aloud to him and simplifying as I go. Always a mental challenge. I want to keep the majority of the style and the structure, but I have to shorten the sentences and translate some of the words I know he doesn't know. Like "impugn."

DS2 is finally starting to improve in math and grammar. I have gotten more consistent about checking his work, which I think is helping.

DD is halfway through her Saxon! Yay! I have dropped the stupid meeting and have figured out additional ways to pare down the lessons into manageable size. We are unfortunately only maybe 20% through Story of the World, though, so I've go some catching up to do in that arena. Luckily, at least it's interesting.

After school I went to the grocery store armed with a list I started three days ago that contained all the things from the pantry we were running low on. You know it's time for a grocery run when you don't have salt. Or pancake syrup.

While I was there I got the ingredients for beef stew with vegetables. It is simmering right now, but has another hour to cook. DH comes in every 10 minutes to ask if it's ready. Mmmmm, smells good! We're munching on cheese and crackers while we wait.

And the second half of the season premiere of 24 comes on tonight!!! Woo-hoo! Last night was shocking! (But that's how it goes with 24... part of the reason I like it so much.)

Good, normal, happy days. I record this one here because you never know when you're going to hit a streak of bad ones. When that happens, I'll have something pleasant to remember and hang on to.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am a musician who has been impacted by Keith Green and I would be honored if you would check out my music, all music is free to download. I just wanted to share my music with People who love Jesus.

    I don’t want to be a pest, so if this really annoys you, please delete it and accept my humble apology.

    Thanks so much,

    -Sean
    “All my music is free.”

     

Post a Comment

<< Home