I Hear the Baby Birds

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

One More Day Until...

...the Scholastic Warehouse Sale!

I live, literally, within walking distance of the local Scholastic Book warehouse. But I cannot walk to this sale. For one thing, how would I get all my books home? (grin - yes, I buy a lot of books at this thing.) For another, to walk, I'd have to cross over a golf course, scale a massive chain link fencen topped with barbed wire, try not to get hit by a huge freight train as I sprint over a series of several parallel tracks, and navigate my way past big ol' trucks and big ol' truck drivers in their rigs at the ends of the loading docks in the industrial park where the warehouse sits. Sounds like a game of Frogger, huh?

SO... I reckon I'll drive.

At past sales, I have scored Hooked on Phonics (new and complete) for $50, Kingfisher encyclopedias galore, numerous glitzy cookbooks, abundant cheap paperback readers for all my kids, nifty little crafty kits, Klutz books, beautiful leatherbound classics collections, and lots of teaching and literary guides. You never know what you will find, but almost always I find something that was on my list anyway, or something I'd browsed at B&N but couldn't bring myself to buy. All at half off. Or more. (There's a dollar box that's taller than I am.)

I'm an addict. And there's no 12-step in sight. (Like I want help. No, I don't have a problem. Really. I can quit anytime I want.)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Needleroozer said…

    Hey Mamabird!
    Hope you had fun at the Scholastic sale, and thanks for the tip on how to edit. I am enjoying learning how to blog, but it does take up a bit of time. Guess I need to get up earlier!
    Went through and read some of your old posts the other day- hmmm, maybe that's what is really time consuming- the reading of everyone else's blogs.
    Either way, I am hooked.
    LB

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Mamabird said…

    Oh, yeah, it was fun! Not any real "Yee-hah!" deals, but I got some of my Christmas shopping done, and that's always a plus.

    Yes, you're right, reading everyone else's blogs will just KILL your productivity! I like it even better than the WTM board - all of the wisdom, none of the silly sniping.

    Karen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home