I Hear the Baby Birds

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Patty, I Haven't Forgotten You

I have just returned home from a visit to my Grandmother's house, where a lightning storm on our first evening there zapped all the power, phones, TV, Internet, and, eventually, toilets. (They have an electric water pump to access the well. No pump... no water.) So... A) I've had no access to Blogger for a few days, and... B) I'm so happy to now be home flushing my toilets with abandon that I'm not going to post my parenting post tonight. I did, however, work on it. And I will keep doing so until I get it right. Parenting has been on my mind lately (for reasons you will soon discover) so I want to get some thoughts out there. As soon as I clarify them.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Patty in WA or Rover said…

    It's so nice not to be forgotten, but I'm not sure that I like being second place to a flushing toilet. Must have been a wild week!

    We are doing a lot better around here. Of course, we haven't done school for 3 weeks!

    I look forward to your post.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Dy said…

    Oh, Patty, I can vouch for her - there are times in a woman's life when the ability to flush a toilet *at will* can bring on euphoria like you would *not* believe. Wild abandon, indeed. LOL.

    Glad you are home safe and sound.
    Dy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home