I Hear the Baby Birds

Friday, October 07, 2005

Shout Out To Patty

Just wanted to say a blogger's goodbye to Patty in WA, who posted what she says is her last post at her blog. Which I totally understand, as this blogging thing can be a burden, when you don't have time or "mindshare" (sorry, lazy me to use that word) to devote to it. Nevertheless, Patty is one of those gals that I can just tell I would be good friends with IRL. I love her parenting philosophies and her Lord-of-the-Rings trivia and her funny stories about her BoyBob and her compassionate but no-nonsense responses to the confused or overbearing or insufferable or miserable or amusing homeschooling moms who post on the WTM boards.

I've been reading and sometimes-posting on the WTM boards for over 5 years now. Personalities come and go, there. Nowadays the boards move so fast that I cannot keep up, and often they get clogged with repetitive silliness or arguing that doesn't interest me. However, there are enough hidden treasures of posts there on a regular basis to keep me checking. Patty, I always check your posts... along with Robin in TX, Katherine B., MFS, Diane, abbeyej, Rosemary in CO, Dy, Joanne in TX, Kolbi (when she makes her rare appearance), and a few others who used to be regular but I haven't seen in a long time. I'm sure I've missed some good names in this list, but I make the list anyway as a way of complimenting you - you are in good company with a short list of thoughtful, funny, and wise homeschool moms whose opinions I value.

I hope I haven't read the last from you!

With much affection,
Mamabird

2 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Patty in WA or Rover said…

    This kindness FLOORED me. Thank you. You have made my day and week. Part of the reason I stopped blogging was so I could be in *conversation* on a few other blogs...yours included--which I check every day.

    I laughed when I saw your list of people you read on TWTM...we have a lot of the same names.

    You keep going on your blog--it is quite thoughtful, and I learn a lot because of your good posts.

    And again, thank you.

    BTW, I think I "found" you via Dy. Just another reason to like her even more!

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Dy said…

    OK, Patty, it's in writing - we expect to see you actively posting and chatting on our front porches!! I'm printing this comment out now.

    And yes, your blogging will be missed. Mamabird, this was just the perfect post for Patty. I think many of us feel this way.

    Dy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home