I Hear the Baby Birds

Saturday, September 10, 2005

A little weekend fun

Ok, I stole this MeMe off of PuppDaddy's blog (who stole it off of someone else). I don't usually go for stuff like this, but it was fun to think through this stuff. So forgive the MeMe, I promise not to make it a habit.

Seven things that scare me

Car accidents and near-misses
Mean, growling dogs
Cancer
Pictures of me in my big-frizzy-hair days
Salmonella, e coli, and other threats you can’t see
Heights
Movies where someone gets trapped alive in a coffin

Seven things I like the most

Meeting someone and really hitting it off with her/him
Belgian chocolates (or Heath bars, in a pinch)
72-degree days in Georgia
Vacation
Bike rides
Learning new stuff or discovering a really great book, all on my own
Singing in the car with the music loud and the windows rolled down

Seven important things in my room

My bed
The dresser drawer where I keep things like old birthday cards and the kids baby teeth and locks of hair
A great view of the backyard
The door to the deck
The big, rotating stack of books on my nightstand
My banjo, kept under my bed
Candles that make the place smell good

Seven random facts about me

My fingernails are paper-thin.
I’m awesome at word-unscrambling puzzles.
I grew up in the same town where I live now.
I lost 20 pounds this year and only gained back 5.
I’m the oldest of 4 kids and we’re all close.
I started reading when I was 4 years old. I learned by watching The Electric Company.

I'm cold a lot these days.

Seven things I plan to do before I die

Visit Australia
Learn to scuba-dive
Paint a painting that's good enough to hang in my living room
Help my kids discover the grace of God
See the Grand Canyon
Volunteer somewhere on a regular basis
Live in a big city

Seven things I can do

Play a five-string (bluegrass) banjo
Bake killer chocolate-chip cookies
Tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue
Write a research paper of any length necessary
Speak stuttering Spanish
Talk people down from the ledge
Drive a stick shift

Seven things I can’t or won’t do

Eat beans of any variety
Sit through any more Quentin Tarantino films

Wear a bikini (ever again)
Break up with my husband
Send my kids to middle school anywhere but here at home
Let someone else tell me that I can’t… (whatever… fill in the blank)
Watch professional wrestling

Seven things I say the most

Now, honey!
That makes me nuts!
Yup.
How’s my girl? (or, How’re my boys?)
Tired, but good.
Mmmmm - hm! (Drawing out the first Mmmmmm)
Give me just a minute…

(Ds just added one more... he said, "You say 'We'll see.' A lot.")

Seven Celebrity Crushes

John Cusack
Ed Norton
Jon Bon Jovi
Bono
Alan, the Yard-Sale Guy (from Clean House)
Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice
DH (who is a celebrity in his own way! grin)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home