I Hear the Baby Birds

Monday, August 15, 2005

Wisdom

Yesterday in church the pastor was preaching about Abraham hearing God's call to follow Him out of Ur. In it he said, "I've spent years training my kids to be nice, polite, well-rounded, well-educated. But unless they hear God's call - unless He comes in and shakes up, disrupts, rocks their worlds - they'll never be anything but nice kids who worship the idols of their culture."

Nice kids who worship the idols of their culture. That's a thought to chew on, now, isn't it?

More later.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Dy said…

    LOL - I like Martha's comment! In a depressing-irony sort of way, but it's funny.

    This is good. I can't wait to hear more on the thought. Have you seen the "affluenza" thread on the WTM board this morning/last night? (Or, if you prefer, in chronological order...)

    Dy

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Mamabird said…

    Oooh, no, gotta go check the affluenza thing out. Thanks for the heads-up - that board moves so fast that I don't check it thoroughly anymore.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home