I Hear the Baby Birds

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Time to Say Goodbye

Tonight I'm writing from a very generic motel in rural North Carolina after a very long day. Last night I got a phone call... one of THOSE phone calls, that make everything else you had planned sort of fall by the wayside. Bottom line is that my beloved grandmother who for many years has been in great health, mentally and physically, is finally proven fallible. The end is near, although we have been given a great gift: time to say goodbye. Time to tell her how much she has meant to us and to listen to her tell us how much she loves us too. It's a precious and yet intense and exhausting time.

If you are the praying kind, would you please pray that when her time comes she would die as she lived, with strength and sweetness and peace. And that her reunion with her husband of 49 years would be the very meaning of joy.

Thank you.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:59 AM, Blogger Patty in WA or Rover said…

    I'm sorry. I will remember you and your family, and ask for as good an end to the story as we are allowed in this fallen world.

    God bless you.

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger melissa said…

    I will be praying for you and your family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home