I Hear the Baby Birds

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Blondie Imperfection

Sigh. Well, the blondies were okay, but not perfection. I think my problem was that I gave the CI instructions too much weight; they say, "Bake until top is shiny, cracked, and light golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes; do not overbake." Earlier in the article was the explanation: "Timing, as with so much in life, appeared to be crucial.... When I removed them from the oven even a moment too soon, they had the pale, sticky sweetness and gummy texture of cookie dough. Removed a few moments too late, the blondies dried out and became boring."

Well - which would you rather have? Pale sticky sweet cookie dough or dry and boring? Yeah, me too - so I pulled them out after EXACTLY 25 minutes. And got pale sticky sweet cookie dough.

It's not inedible. I like cookie dough. But it wasn't Blondie Perfection.

I maintain that I am a Domestic Goddess, however. Without a title to defend, I will not want to try again. And I am off to sew this morning, an act which exalts me all on its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home