I Hear the Baby Birds

Monday, June 20, 2005

I Am A Domestic Goddess!


Posted by Hello

That's right, folks, she sews AND she bakes!

There was a recipe for Blondies in the latest Cook's Illustrated that I've been itchin' to try, so tonight was the night. I haven't tasted these yet - you have to let them cool, then lift them out of the pan by the edges of the foil, then cut them into 2-inch squares. (And if you think the folks at Cook's Illustrated are just a wee bit EXACTING and PRECISE in their instructions, then you and I think alike.) The great and exasperating thing about CI is that they CARE. Deeply. Madly. About every little freaking detail of how a recipe is carried out. But I am loving this, actually, because they publish all those freaking details and the mistakes and experiments they made while perfecting that recipe. There's a whole paragraph devoted to the right amount of melted butter. And a big sidebar comparing six different types of white chocolate chips as they performed in this recipe. With photos of each one.

The bottom line is that I don't have to bother with a lot of silly failures before I, too, achieve Blondie Perfection.

I will let you know how these taste. I've had pretty great success with CI recipes this year, so my hopes are high!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home