I Hear the Baby Birds

Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Work of My Hands

I am making curtains for my family room.


Posted by Hello



I made all the window treatments in our old house, but somehow the task seems really daunting in the new one. This week is the one-year anniversary of our move-in, and the only window treatments in the house are the ones I purchased or had someone else make. And those look really great. There is definitely a difference between what I can do and what a pro can do. BUT... you really pay for all that time and expertise. So I decided that the simple panels I want in the family room are simple enough for even me.

But the job is taking a while. I bought the fabric, oh, two months ago. And that was after two months of shopping and agonizing over fabrics and trims. Then it took about a month to get everything cut. (Cutting is, to me, the most tedious and time-consuming task in sewing. I get obsessive about it because I don't want to make a mistake! Measure twice, and all that.)

But, finally, I'm to the fun part - putting all the pieces together. So far I haven't had to rip out any seams - that's why it's been fun and not curse-inducing. And this week I finished the first of FOUR panels! But wonderful dh installed the hanging hardware yesterday and we got to hang it up... INSPIRING! It looks so nice! And really finishes the room! So I am inspired - I AM going to finish those other three this week. (And pack for a camping trip - but that's another post!)

So... I'm off to make good on my vow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home