I Hear the Baby Birds

Friday, August 11, 2006

Eat This Baggage

You know what's funny? Last post I said I was going to talk next about the book Eat This Book and also about the cultural baggage of American Christianity. When I wrote this, they seemed like two separate topics in my mind. I hadn't started reading the book yet, but it looked interesting; and the topic of baggage was on my mind because of a NYT article I read (see comments on last post). Yet as I started reading Peterson's book, I realized that these topics are beautifully intertwined.

I'm starting to organize my thoughts on this, but am not finished yet. Stay tuned, there is more to come soon. (And Patty, I've been reading your comments and checking out your links - they are great food for thought. Thank you.)

4 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Patty in WA or Rover said…

    Did you know that this post is in white lettering on a white background? Secret Squirrel Spy Message? Hmmm. But I, being Secret Squirrel's Personal Trainer, figured out the way to read this invisible ink! Bwahahaha!

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Mamabird said…

    Hahahahaha, Secret Squirrel! No, I don't know why the coloring is messed up for you. It's the normal pink for me. I wonder if Blogger is having issues? If you check again soon, will you tell me if it's still happening on your end?

    Thanks!
    Karen

    P.S. I finished writing my first post on the book, but still hafta edit. Should be able to post in next 24 hrs or so.

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Dy said…

    Oh, wow - rites of passage, fellow bloggers, and more blogging from you! Happy Birthday to your Big 13. I hope the trip was a fantastic success.

    Are you all excited for school in the nest to begin again? Would love to hear what you're up to!

    Dy

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Mamabird said…

    Hi, Dy! Yes, we're definitely revving the ol' school engine - the two younger birds got started while big brother was gone. I will post a school post soon and tell all - we've started some new stuff I think I really like.

    Karen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home