I Hear the Baby Birds

Friday, November 11, 2005

Slice of Life

*********************************************
Things I am Thankful For Tonight:

Crab cakes, made with 12 tablespoons of butter
New CDs that turned out to be really good, not really disappointing
Absolutely GORGEOUS fall foliage this year
A fire in the fireplace
A little girl who likes strawberries
Two boys who wore themselves out skating today
DH who takes care of me and loves me well
Two parents who are alive and love me unconditionally (or as much so as parents can)
Two in-laws who treat me like their own daughter
Siblings who call just to talk
A world so full of new things to know
Life, right here, right now

**********************************************

CD recommendations:

Nichole Nordeman - I've loved her past work, but this latest CD, Brave, is outstanding. Listen to these lyrics:

Hold On
It will find you at the bottom of a bottle,
It will find you at the needle's end.
It will find you when you beg and steal and borrow,
It will follow you into a stranger's bed.
It find you when they serve you with the papers,
It will find you when the locks have changed again.
It will find you when you've called in all your favors,
It will meet you at the bridge's highest ledge.
So baby, don't look down, it's a long way down.
So hold on - love will find you.
Hold on - He's right behind you now.
Just turn around, and love will find you.

Natalie Grant - I wasn't expecting much - but what a pleasant surprise! Not as heady as the Nordeman CD, but fun to listen to and the first song on the CD was written just for BFF Ruthie:

Awaken
Sometimes I feel like I'm just existing
I'm not really living.
I'm only watching the time slip away.
I've forgotten who I am in You,
I'm not who I'm meant to be,
I'm drifting farther away from my destiny.
Awaken my heart, awaken my soul,
Awaken Your power and take control,
Awaken the passion to live for You, Lord,
Awaken me.

(Be careful what you ask for, my friend! grin)

Okay, that's what I'm thinking about tonight. Hope your evening is satisfying to you, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home