I Hear the Baby Birds

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

So much birthday cake. So little time.

Guess what I did this weekend?

On Sunday night, we hosted a birthday party for dh's best friend, who is turning 40 this year. (It was great fun. We built a fire in the backyard and had ice-cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery. Mmmmm.)

Last night, we went to my parents' house to celebrate my dad turning 70 and my nephew turning 6. My mom made ribs and my sis brought homemade birthday cake. Mmmmmm. (My nephew's instructions to her were that he wanted Spiderman on one half and Barbie on the other, so that no one at the party would feel left out. What a guy!)

On Thursday we will celebrate dh's dad's birthday. Dear sis-in-law is making pound cake. Mmmmm.

On Saturday night we will go to a surprise party for one of my dear homeschooling-mommy friends who, you guessed it, is turning 40 this year. I have no idea what dessert will be, but I have a feeling there is more cake in my future.

Good thing I had time to go running this weekend! If I survive this month with only an extra pound or two, I'll be lucky.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Dy said…

    What a wonderful time of celebration! And how sweet of your nephew. That's a thoughtful child. :-)

    Enjoy!!
    Kiss those babies,
    Dy

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Crissy said…

    That's an awful lot of cake! Martha's suggestion for an elastic wasteband probably isn't a bad one. :)

    Enjoy those birthday celebrations.

    Crissy

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Mamabird said…

    Hahahahahahaha! You a very funny guy, Tom!

    K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home