I Hear the Baby Birds

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Saturday Night Braves Fever

This weekend dh and I took the boys to a Braves game. This is what we had to endure to get there...



And here we are in our seats, a mere 5 innings into the game.



We missed a grand slam by Brian Jordan. But all’s well that ends well... the game was a lot of fun, Turner Field is simply AMAZING, and we’ll get a chance to go again before the end of the season.

Fighting the traffic to get to the game made me feel very, very sorry for the poor souls who visit Atlanta. I’ve heard before that it is very confusing to a newcomer and I can see why. Streets were inexplicably closed or became one-way a block from your destination, the sheriff’s deputies were rude and hateful, and there were no signs anywhere directing you to official parking areas. It’s enough to make a Cobb County gal break down and try MARTA! (Gasp!)

Speaking of Cobb County, pretty soon I intend to write an insider’s view of our proud and lovely suburb. I know we are greatly misunderstood and maligned by our ITP neighbors (you know who you are), and I’ve been thinking that maybe a little peace, love, and understanding might be just the ticket. Or if we can’t have that, at least we could have a heated debate, and that’s fun too!

So if you, my ITP friends who might be reading this, have questions like, “Why would anybody live in Cobb County?” or “What’s with Kennesaw’s gun law?” then tune in soon. Better yet, leave me a comment with your own queries and I will do my best to satisfy your burning curiosity about life up 75 North.

Go Braves!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_Buzzcut

     

Post a Comment

<< Home