I Hear the Baby Birds

Friday, April 21, 2006

Little Snippet

Well, I've started but never finished several posts. Can't seem to get my mind functioning at the necessary level. But here is a brief summary of what's up:

My grandmother (whom I posted about back in July) is dying. She's was diagnosed last summer with a terminal heart condition but seemed okay and just kept on being Grandmother. Now, however, it's the real thing... hospital beds, catheters, morphine. It's heartbreaking. My grateful voice says, You had her with you for so. long. And she was always fully herself. My anguished voice says, It is excruciating to watch someone suffer a slow decline, knowing it can only end one way but not knowing when. (That's the voice that I wake up to every morning these days. Hearing the grateful voice takes effort.)

My mother is at my Grandmother's house right now and has been for the last two weeks. I've been helping her out with stuff around here, which last night included riding out to her house in the thunder and lightning downpour to see about the COW in her yard. Yes, my mom and dad are holdouts from an older era... suburbanites who live 5 minutes from a major mall, who have lived there for decades and still keep cows on their property. Which is quaint, until you have to be the one to chase them down. In the rain.

As BFF Ruthie likes to say: God is good. God is in control. God loves you more than you can even imagine.

There is more going on... but now the kids are awake. I'm going to stop now and post this, so that it doesn't wind up with the same fate as its recent predecessors....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home