I Hear the Baby Birds

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

School on Steroids

Science project, ds 1. Science project, ds 2. Science project, dd. Essay on Dante. Double Latin lessons. Vocab. Spelling. Saxon. Reading. Handwriting. Can you tell what the focus has been around here the past few days?

It's always hard settling back into school when you've had a little break. It's especially hard when you have deadlines built into your school. This Friday, for example, all three of my dc have to turn in a major science project that involves maps of biomes, topographical maps, food webs, pictures of relationships between organisms (like mating for life, or interspecies competition). Whew! How much of Mom's time does this require? HOURS.

At the end of this week, ds 1 and I leave for DC on our marathon, whirlwind tour. I think the trip will not be so bad, except for a) not enough sleep, and b) coming home on April Fool's Day. What would YOU say the likelihood is that a van full of 7th graders will refrain from trying to pull an April Fool's prank on the class mom? Yeah, exactly.

When I get back, though... science projects will be behind me. Whirlwind tours will be in the rearview. I am going to do something, anything, that is low-key. Relaxing. FUN. Like sitting around doing nothing. Yeah, that sounds appealing right now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home