I Hear the Baby Birds

Thursday, April 06, 2006

New Blogs To Check Out

A friend of mine at church has a new blog that I am REALLY enjoying diving into! It's really fun to read the blog of someone you know IRL... you see a whole new side of her personality.

She had a link to an article by Paula Moldenhauer that she just loved, and after I read it I just had to share it too. Below is a little excerpt; you can go here to read the rest.

I'm learning an important truth: God is the keeper of a mother's dreams. He is the only one who knows how to weave her unique talents and gifts into the landscape of her mothering. He knows the seasons she can reach beyond her family, and the seasons she can't. And He will bring into fullness the dreams He has placed within her in His time and His way. All the Lord brings her through as she is obedient to the call to her children will provide training and a deepening of character that will translate into her other gifts and callings.


I just LOVE that last line (not the part about being obedient, because, frankly, I hate having to be obedient, or anything that reminds me that I'm supposed to be obedient. Just think how interesting life is for God having me for a child!). No, I love the part about how he uses what we find mundane and ordinary and boring and tedious to develop in us the very skills we need if we're actually going to accomplish the things we dream about doing. I'm reading this and screaming, Yes! Yes! (But keeping it all inside.) It is EXACTLY like God to be all Mr. Miagi, with his "Wax-on, wax-off," making us think we're just washing the car when He's really teaching us karate.


Here is another blog that I am reading lately courtesy of BFF Ruthie - Cathy at The Catbird Seat. Funny funny gal. You can read her opinions about infant vomiting here and then you can SEE infant vomiting here! (Sorry, DH. Nothing for you to see, there - move along, move along. But everybody else - the video link is really funny. If you have a strong stomach.)

There! Aren't you edified?

1 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Paula said…

    I found your blog and was so glad to see that my devotional had blessed you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home