I Hear the Baby Birds

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Permission

All this bad news around here has made me want to get crackin' and do something, anything, positive. I've been gardening, I've been cooking, and, surprise, all of a sudden I'm in the mood to scrapbook. (Why ask why? Just go with it.)

And so, noodling around on the internet, looking for scrapbooking inspiration, I stumbled upon this article. The author's best line, to me, is this:

I want to give my children permission to live an imperfect life.

YYYYYYY--ESSSSSSSS! (Imagine me saying it with great gusto.)


I'm so hard on myself. And my kids. But I would like to be kinder. I have a feeling that if I were okay with certain parts of myself not being perfect, I'd be okay with my kids' shortcomings, too.

Give up Perfectionism! (At least for today.)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Patty in WA or Rover said…

    Good idea. And while I am at it, maybe I can give myself the same permission. After all, isn't perfectionism some kind of idolatry?

    Would that it were as easy as the intention is...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home